Google

 

 

 

Daily Wisdom

 

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Opinion Concerning Notre Dame and Georgetown Universities.

"Obama entered the arena to thunderous applause and a standing ovation from many in the crowd of 12,000. But as the president began his commencement address, at least three protesters interrupted it. One yelled, "Stop killing our children."
.
The graduates responded by chanting "Yes we can," the slogan that became synonymous with Obama's presidential campaign. Obama seem unfazed, saying Americans must be able to deal with things that make them "uncomfortable."


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090517/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_notre_dame
.
Georgetown and Notre Dame Universities both invited President Barack Obama to speak at commencements. That is ok.

The problem is not with President Obama - and from what I read briefly - I liked his speech to the graduating class.

The problem is with universities presenting themselves as something they are clearly not.

Georgetown removed Christian signage in relation to a request from the Obama Administration - and they did it.

Nortre Dame - on supposedly Roman Catholic grounds - were arresting honorable priests.

It is a shame on both Universities.

As I see it the Universities want it both ways - to dare call and/or present themselves to be Roman Catholic and to pander to the State and popular opinion.

In my opinion both should be stripped of any Church affiliation, funding and backing. To me they are now no different than the University of Pennsylvania or Penn State.

I will correct anyone who has the illusion of referring to them as Catholic honored institutions.

In my view they cannot say they uphold - or are affiliated with - the Church and it's teachings and then follow and pander to a worldly path. They have broken agreements with the Church, and have given the message to the student body that it ok to do that when convenient - that it is ok to dismiss time honored Church teaching when catering to heads of state.

The Rev. John Jenkins, Notre Dame's president, introduced Obama and praised the president for not being "someone who stops talking to those who disagree with him." Jenkins said too little attention has been paid to Obama's decision to speak at an institution that opposes his abortion policy.

You are kidding me.

You cannot have it both ways.

If there were any honor in either of the Universities they would break with this hypocritical illusion and call themselves as they in reality are.

They have been shown as the hypocrites they in fact really are.

I would rather send my grandchildren to a more secular university and know what I am looking at - rather than one who promotes one thing on one hand then promotes it is ok to arrest honorable priests when they uphold what the university was appearing to promote on the other. If I have my two cents into it I will discourage them from attending either of these universities.

The Bible teaches you cannot gain good fruit from a bad tree.

My granddaughter aspires to go to Harvard, and that is ok by me.

-----------
. Georgetown is the oldest Roman Catholic university in the United States, and its religious heritage is used to define the institution. The university's endorsement of Catholic viewpoints has caused controversy at times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown_University

. The University of Notre Dame du Lac (or simply Notre Dame) (IPA: /ˌnoʊtɚˈdeɪm/) is a private Roman Catholic research university located in Notre Dame, Indiana, USA.

Motto in English: Life, Sweetness, Hope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Notre_Dame

. Harvard University (incorporated as The President and Fellows of Harvard College) is a private university in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and a member of the Ivy League. Founded in 1636 by the colonial Massachusetts legislature, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. It is also the first and oldest corporation in North America. Harvard University is made up of ten schools.

Motto in English: Truth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090517/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_notre_dame

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

they were concerning in destiny-url.blogspot.com

5/18/2009 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger Rev. Marguerite Earhart said...

Hi alice.

I checked out the 'destiny' site link you posted, and found it interesting. I only vaguely see the connection between this site page and the article I posted on Notre Dame and Georgetown however.

I noticed as well that you have a 'private' blogger profile listing as well.

The 'destiny' site could be good for being up for discussion so I'll leave it up. Does the site make sense to me - yes.

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

5/24/2009 05:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

Every single person and every single creature that is alive today on this Earth

- August 24, 2008 til around the year 2880 will all be dead when January 1, 3000 happens.

What do I know:

- I don't even know exactly how many generations of people that is.

- I have absolutely no idea what the terrain will look like then,

and I know that most things occurring today,

and for quite awhile from now, will not matter

or even be remembered by those alive then.

Will they even have books?

What can happen around the span of a 1000 years or so?

- The Roman Empire lasted approx 851 years. [625BC-476AD]

- The Pilgrim exploring party went ashore at Plymouth in America approx [1620] 388 years ago.

- The Nazi Party Ruled about 12 years [1933-1945]

- The Titanic took approx 2 hours and 40 minutes for her to sink. [11:40pm:14th-2:20am:15th April 1912]

- There is active Christian discussion on this being the latter day

- the time being at hand -

that indicates that somewhere in this clock

the prophecied tribulation could happen.

Would I be worthy?

- 10 out of 10 people do not leave this world alive.

- Somewhere in the time of this clock I'll be leaving here,

just like others I have known have already left.

- I know that spirits exist.

Do I know where those I have known are in spirit - no.

But I know that they are alive in the Lord's heart.

I know that He knows just where they are.

I hope and pray that they are ok.

In His heart I know and believe that they are.

- I believe in the promises of Christ, and know that I am ok.

What do you know?

 

Word of the Day

 

 

 

 

 

. A pay-it-forward production.

This page was last modified:

 

 

Le Niche Ministries ... A Non-Denominational - Bible Promoting - Ministry